Monday, March 23, 2015

Ocean Kayak Hikes Lakes… Oil?

It's been a while since we had a Maps on Monday post. Courtesy of my usual source Amazing Maps (@Amazing_Maps on Twitter) here is a map of the most popular word used in online dating profiles by US state.





It's no surprise to me that the two states in which I spend most of my time, Massachusetts and Rhode Island, both have the word OCEAN. I guess I chose the right place for my retirement?

Although I would probably be quite happy in Oregon, Idaho or Vermont (KAYAK), Washington (HIKES) or New Hampshire (LAKES) too.

But OIL? Who puts "oil" in their online dating profile? Whatever rocks your boat, bubba.


7 comments:

R1 said...

Baby Oil perhaps?

Keep Reaching said...

JR Ewing

Tillerman said...

I think I missed the episode about JR's venture into online dating.

bonnie said...

I love that Hawaii is "Surf".

Tillerman said...

Do you think this map is based on real data from online dating profiles - or just a joke based on stereotypes about each state?

R1 said...

Are you suggesting that something posted on the internet may not be genuine?

Tillerman said...

R1, you may be on to something. I must admit I have totally believed everything I have read on the Internet ever since Al Gore and Tommy Lee Jones and I first conceived of it after partaking of a few African woodbines at the Porcellian Club in 1969. But after I discovered when I was at the International Space Station that you can't actually see the Great Wall of China from space, I am beginning to wonder.

Rest assured that everything you read on this blog, including my comments, is absolutely true.

Post a Comment