Sunday, May 24, 2009

249,449 and counting...

Some time in the next couple of days the 250,000th visitor will arrive at this blog, or more accurately the 250,000th visitor since I turned Site Meter on.

Statistically speaking the probability is that the 250,000th visitor will arrive here via a Google search, quite likely one that has nothing to do with sailing, such as "silly awards" or "what's a histogram". They will then realize their terrible mistake and quickly leave Proper Course, never to return.

However, in spite of the likelihood that Mr. or Ms. 250,000 will be a random passer-by, I do feel that this event should be commemorated in some way. I would like to give the lucky guy or gal a special gift. What would be appropriate? A free life-time subscription to Proper Course? A chance to pick any item from the tray of random pieces of junk at the bottom of my sailing toolkit? A free 15 minutes of consultation on how to write "biting wit and heavy sarcasm", as Joe Rouse refers to my material?

Suggestions please...

3 comments:

JP said...

Give your Laser a name (and you can't say no to it)

Tillerman said...

Good one. My Laser doesn't have a name but after reading Ronnie Wood's autobiography I did think of naming it "Yer Father's Yacht".

Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

I wonder how many hits you get for "Laser eye Surgery"? lol

Post a Comment