Monday, March 31, 2008

Floridays

Before I went to Australia I signed up to attend one of Kurt Taulbee's sailing seminars in Clearwater Beach, Florida at the end of March. Shortly after I returned from Australia, Kurt called me and said that I was the only sailor signed up for this particular seminar, but that was OK... I could have some one-on-one coaching from him for two days, then at the weekend I could train with the Clearwater Youth Team whom Kurt also coaches.

Needless to say I jumped at the opportunity. So Tillerwoman and I headed off to Florida last Wednesday for a long weekend. Four days of sailing for me, and relaxing in the sun for her.

As it turned out, two other sailors signed up for the seminar at the last minute. This was probably the ideal situation because it meant that we could do do drills that would have not been possible if I were there on my own, but all three of us received plenty of individual attention and feedback from Kurt. And on Saturday and Sunday some kids from the youth team joined us too.

I had a fantastic time and learned many, many ways in which I can improve my sailing. More details in upcoming posts...

1 comment:

Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

A good time was had by all.

That's the main thing. Very glad to hear it, matey!

Cyalayta
Mal :)

Post a Comment