Friday, March 14, 2008

Back

Thanks to everyone who left comments on the previous post looking forward to my return home from Australia and the resumption of the usual posting of random drivel on this blog. I said I was taking a break until mid-March and, unless I'm totally confused by two crossings of the International Date Line, one day that seems to have disappeared from my life altogether, and one day that seemed to go on for 48 hours, it's still only March 14th.

It may seem a bit weird but I'll be posting accounts of the Laser Masters Worlds in Oz over the next few days, even though the racing actually happened about three weeks ago. As I've mentioned before, when I go overseas for a long sailing trip I also take a break from computers, Internet, blogging, email and all that stuff. It's one of the pleasures of being retired that I can sever the electronic ties that bind for a few weeks.

Terrigal did not disappoint, even though (as happens at every major regatta I attend it seems) the locals all told us apologetically, "We never get weather like this at this time of the year." My results in the Worlds were somewhat disappointing, it is true, but I have only myself to blame for that. Let's just say the regatta was full of "learning experiences".

After the sailing, Tillerwoman and I embarked on a trip around that sunburnt country. I will not bore you with all the details of our travels but there may be mentions of some of the highlights here. After all, I hear that the 2011 Old Farts Laser Worlds will be held in Western Australia so I owe my fellow traveling Laser masters friends some travel tips for that adventure.

"See ya later!" as they say down under.

8 comments:

Menchuvian Candidate said...

Welcome back! I'm so glad you weren't disappointed, and learning, well, learning is good:)

Joe said...

Did you sail a Sabre while you were in Oz?

It's good to have you back.

Christy ~ Central Air said...

Hooray! It's so glad to have you back, TM. Can't wait to read all about your adventures on the water and out in the wilds of Australia.

JP said...

Welcome back! Looking forward to hearing your stories of sailing down under.

Pat said...

It's your blog, so bore us all you like ... we can take it, mate.

EVK4 said...

Welcome back. And, 14 days! wow, that's some catching up all of us have to do.

Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

Welcome back. Glad you got home safe and alls well with the both of you. Sorry I couldn't catch up with you at Terrigal either! :(

See ya later, Matey! heh heh

Mal :)

PeconicPuffin said...

welcome back...start typing please!

Post a Comment