Monday, November 07, 2005

Rutland Can Be Lonely At Times

Browsing around the Yachts and Yachting site I came across this photo captioned, 'Rutland can be lonely at times'.

No -- that's not me in the picture. But it easily could have been a few years back. Been there -- done that.

The Rutland they are referring to is Rutland Water in the UK. It's the largest man-made lake in Europe with over 3,000 acres of water.

I used to blast around there in my Laser in my younger days. Capsized more times than I care to remember and broke a mast top-section once. Of course, when something like that happens there's never a rescue boat nearby. I ended up sailing the boat a couple of miles back to the sailing club with the mast bent in two.

Rutland sure can be lonely at times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rutland is not far from me, about one and a half hours and yes it is one big lake.

Claire (England)

Post a Comment